High School Internship (Venture Analyst) Summer 2023
This is an open listing for individuals within their junior or senior year of high school interested in exploring more in-depth of areas related to business, finance, and entrepreneurship that would like to intern for a specialized venture capital firm located in the Northeastern part of the US. Position is for a hybrid internship, and the applicant must be able to commute to Princeton, NJ on a limited basis. We’re looking for talented individuals that are hungry for knowledge and have the entrepreneurial spirit. For those interested in applying, please include your LinkedIn profile with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working with us, and what drives you as an entrepreneur. We are not accepting applicants from overseas. You must be US-based and authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
The Venture Analyst Summer Internship position at 1435 Capital is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in venture capital to gain hands-on experience and build their network within the industry. The main responsibilities of a Venture Analyst may include:
- Investment Analysis: Conducting research and analysis on potential investment opportunities, including market trends, competitive landscape, and financial projections.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Assisting in the monitoring of existing portfolio companies, including collecting and analyzing performance data and preparing investment reports.
- Deal Sourcing: Sourcing new investment opportunities through various channels, including industry events, professional networks, and market intelligence.
- Market Research: Conducting market research to stay up-to-date on industry trends and current technology landscape.
- Administrative Support: Assisting the venture capital team with various administrative tasks, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, preparing presentations, and organizing data.
Some typical traits and requirements that we look for in individuals are:
- Strong academic record and demonstrated interest in venture capital and technology.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including proficiency in Google Sheets and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for technology and innovation.
1435 Capital is a venture capital firm headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey and is dedicated to investing in growth stage startups and late-stage secondaries. Together, 1435 helps startups and their founding teams create an impactful and lasting difference.
Over the course of the summer, Venture Analysts will research startups, aid in due diligence, test products, meet entrepreneurs, and network with investors and entrepreneurs. The Venture Analyst position at 1435 Capital is a highly competitive and highly sought after opportunity that provides valuable hands-on experience and the opportunity to work with experienced venture capitalists and entrepreneurs. It is a great opportunity for individuals to gain exposure to the venture capital industry, build their network, and lay the foundation for a successful career in venture capital.
We receive a high volume of applicants and we will be accepting people on a rolling basis. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Also note, we do not plan on reviewing applications until the Spring of 2023. If you apply sooner, please be aware of this.
The listing will be removed from the Ben Jen Holdings website once it has been filled.
- Hybrid Position — Internship is hybrid with requirements to travel to Princeton, NJ during the summer
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and show keen interest in finance / venture capital
- If you are in high school, a rising junior or rising senior, and over the age of 16
- This is for a hybrid internship during the Summer of 2023
- This is an paid internship (stipend for the summer) and you will gain exposure into the venture space and private equity