Sola Accepted Into The 2021 Global Insurance Accelerator
Sola led by Georgia Tech student Wesley Pergament has been accepted into the 2021 Global Insurance Accelerator program
Congratulations to Wesley Pergament, the CEO and Co-Founder of Sola, for his acceptance into the 2021 Global Insurance Accelerator, based out of Des Moines, IA. Wesley quotes, “as we look forward to helping homeowners recover faster from natural disasters, the Global Insurance Accelerator will be a great next step for us to work with and learn from top insurance individuals.” Sola is an InsurTech startup based out of Long Island, New York, working on developing a data-driven supplemental insurance plan which covers immediate out-of-pocket expenditures for homeowners following losses from natural disasters such as tornadoes. Wesley is the youngest ever entrepreneur to be accepted into the Global Insurance Accelerator, and participants in the program will receive an investment by the Accelerator, up to $50,000 upon completion of the Accelerator.
Other members of this year’s cohort include:
- Anodz: A B2B (SaaS) enterprise intelligence platform designed to measure, manage, and improve workforce and business performance through predictive and actionable insights.
- Jayde: A solution offering comprehensive, subscription-based products for small business owners that eases the decision-making related to selecting and maintaining the right coverage.
- Rainwalk: An API-driven, turnkey platform which enables property and casualty (P&C) insurers to white-label and offer pet insurance coverage to further monetize existing customers and maintain a consistent customer experience.
- Reeske: A digital life insurance shopping platform which is transforming the insurance purchasing experience and helping redefine the customer relationship with insurance.
- Solar Insure: A provider of extended warranty and protection plans for homeowners who install residential solar energy systems in order to protect and accelerate consumer investment in the solar industry and the world’s transition to renewable energy solutions.
- Vaartani: An artificial intelligence (AI) risk management solution which enables insurers to distribute, underwrite, and manage exposures unique to e-commerce sellers on marketplaces, such as Amazon and Shopify.
The selected companies will engage in virtual 1:1 meetings with the GIA’s strong mentor base of insurance professionals, sessions with seasoned InsurTech founders and GIA alums, and benefit from investor introductions. Backed by 12 prominent insurer investors from all lines of business and of all sizes, the GIA will conclude the 2021 program with final presentations as part of a “demo day,” either virtually or in-person as travel and health guidelines allow, during the Global Insurance Symposium.
For more information about Sola, visit them online at http://solarelief.com/